a. What Personal Information We Collect. Below are some examples of the types of personal information ECJ may collect:
- When you create an Account, download a software update, register for alerts, contact us or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, and credit card information.
b. How We Use the Personal Information We Collect. Below are some examples of how ECJ may use the collected personal information:
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on ECJ’s updates.
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, and content.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about changes to our terms and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with ECJ, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve ECJ’s products, services, and customer communications.
2. Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information. We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, location, and the time zone where an ECJ Service or product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
- We may collect and store details of how you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
As is true of most internet services, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the Service, to learn about user behavior on the Service, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. ECJ may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the ECJ website. When you click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
4. Disclosure to Third Parties. At times ECJ may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with ECJ to provide products and services, or that help ECJ market to potential users. Personal information will only be shared by ECJ to provide or improve our services, products and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for ECJ to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
5. Protection of Personal Information. ECJ takes the security of your personal information very seriously. ECJ services protect your personal information during transit using encryption such as Transport Layer Security (TLS). When your personal data is stored by ECJ, we encrypt your password and may use other data security protocols.
When you use some ECJ products, services, or applications or post on an ECJ forum, chat room, or social networking service, the personal information and content you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit in these instances. Please take care when using these features.
7. Access to Personal Information. You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by logging in to your Account. For other personal information we hold, we will provide you with access for any purpose including to request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if ECJ is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law.
8. Children. We understand the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children using ECJ’s Service and products. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information from children under 13, or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, without verifiable consent of a parent or legal guardian. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, without first receiving verifiable parental consent we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible. Children under the age of 13, or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, are not permitted to create their own Account without verifiable consent of a parent or legal guardian. If at any time a parent or legal guardian needs to access, correct, or delete data associated with their child’s Account, they may contact ECJ at email@example.com.
9. Location-Based Services. To provide location-based services in connection with the Service, ECJ may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your computer or device. Where available, location-based services may use GPS, Bluetooth, and your IP Address, along with crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspot and cell tower locations, and other technologies to determine your devices’ approximate location. Unless you provide consent, this location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by you to provide and improve location-based products and services.
10. Third-Party Sites and Services. ECJ websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.